NOTE: THIS CLASS IS ONLINE ONLY.
2 10-15min pre-videos to watch before the class.
A live class with lecture, demo, and QA session
(link provided post-registration)
A follow-up quiz to grant you a Continuing Education certificate for completion
To participate you'll need a phone or a webcam-enabled computer, and be available to participate in a focused way during the live class.
Headaches are complex behaviors of the trigeminal system that rise into consciousness from many sources. To navigate the head’s nerves with clarity, to calm the acute pain, and to shift the trigeminal system toward healthier patterns -- these are the aims of this class.
INFO AND SKILLS COVERED
- Primer on contemporary Pain Science
- Principles of a ‘Neurofascial’ approach to manual therapy.
- Building the Map: The Trigeminal System & Associated Neurofascia
- Five Domains of Headache Assessment: Spatial, Functional, Temporal, Emotional, Inflammatory
- Longer Term Headache Rehabilitation: Identifying Triggers and Resources
CONTINUING EDUCATION CERTIFICATION
This 3 hour ONLINE Continuing Education class is open to all healthcare practitioners licensed in Manual/Massage Therapy and other practitioners, including Movement Teachers, Allied Healthcare Practitioners, and body nerds. It also entitles licensed practitioners to participate in a future IN PERSON component that fleshes out the same strategies.
NOTE: THE ONLINE VERSION OF THIS CLASS ALONE DOES NOT MEET THE EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS FOR A MASSAGE THERAPY INTRAORAL ENDORSEMENT IN WASHINGTON STATE.
Please click here.