Think of all the jaw pain that goes untreated or is met with catastrophic theories. This class focuses on treating the mandibular nerve and related tissues — the pterygoids, cranial base, and TMJ capsule. You will gain hands-on skills and a straightforward method of assessment.
INFO AND SKILLS COVERED
• Principles of a ‘Neurofascial’ approach to manual therapy.
• What can be sensed and modulated by the therapist in session?
• What are the physiological needs of peripheral nerves, and how do they behave when those needs are disrupted?
• Types of nerve-fascia interface and why they matter for assessment/treatment.
• Building the Map: The trigeminal neurofascia, the TMJ capsule, and the muscles of mastication
• Five Domains of TMD Assessment: Spatial, Functional, Temporal, Emotional, Inflammatory
• Fascial Release Techniques: Direct, Indirect, & Rhythmic
• INTRAORAL Manual Therapy: Hygiene, Communication, & Treatment Principles
• TMD Rehabilitation: Freedom, Awareness, Connection, Play
WHAT TO BRING
• Writing materials
• Set of sheets and emollient
• Wear movement-friendly clothing
CONTINUING EDUCATION CERTIFICATION
• This 8-hour Continuing Education class is open to all healthcare practitioners licensed in Manual/Massage Therapy.
• Other practitioners are welcome to join for the first 2 hours of class. (i.e. Movement Teachers, Allied Healthcare Practitioners, and body nerds). See "Lecture Only" ticket option.
• Note: This class is offered at a discount when bundled with 'Neurofascial Approach to Headaches' @ www.mikehamm.eventbrite.com. Both classes combine for a WA state intraoral certification. Purchase bundled tickets option (COMBO H/A & TMD).
Please visit www.mikehamm.eventbrite.com
If we need extra tables, you may be eligible for a 10% discount. If you have a massage table and are willing to bring it, please contact email@example.com.