Instructor: Brian Utting, LMT; NCBTMB #451040-09
The legs are often treated by bodyworkers for the least amount of time in a session. Yet they support the upper body and are under tremendous compressive force, whether we're moving or stationary. In this class, you will learn specific, potent, and effective Deep Tissue techniques to release the muscles and fascia of the hips and legs. Some of the specific muscle groups we will work with include the deep calf flexors (tibialis posterior, flexor hallucis, flexor digitorum), the anterior compartment, the quadriceps group, the tensor fascia latae and IT tract, the gluteals, the deep lateral rotators, hamstrings, and adductors. These are simple, straightforward, muscle-specific techniques that can be immediately applied in practice. Body mechanics will also be a focus of the class, as well as proper use of hands, elbows, and forearms to save wear and tear on joints.
What to Bring: Set of sheets, face cradle cover and two pillows; wear loose clothing--note work will be done directly on the skin in the "glut" area so please wear underwear/bathing suit that will allow access.
To see a short video about this class, click HERE
Registration Options: We are these offering Brian Utting's classes at a discounted group rate if you register for both classes at once, versus taking each individual class. If you would like to register for just one or both days, please click on the following links to register, otherwise continue on to register for this class. Please note that by taking the full two-day class, you save $45.
Class Date: July 21, 2019
Class Time: Sunday 10:00 am - 7:15 pm
Location: Seattle Location 12 -- Staybridge Suites (please click on the location link for details)
Cost: $170 if registered by 7/12/19; $190 if registered after 7/12/19
Cost/Hour: $21.25/hr if registered by 7/12/19; $23.75/hr if registered after 7/12/19
CE Hours: 8
Reviewers Discount: If you have taken this class previously through the Therapeutic Training Center, you may review it at a 25% discount on tuition. The reviewer's price for this class is $128. If you are eligible for the reviewer's discount, please call 206.853.6875 to register or register by mail as the website only offers classes at the regular price.
Other Classes by Instructor:
- Muscle-Specific Deep Tissue Techniques for the Legs/Hips & Intro to Visceral/Abdominal Massage: Both Classes (Post Falls March 23-24, 2019) - 16 hours Use this option to register for both classes and save $45 or, click on the class options of your choice below:
- Self-Care and Deep Tissue Techniques for the Hands, Wrists & Forearms (Seattle March 30, 2019) - 8 hours co-taught with Rebecca Norton, OT/LMT/CHT
- Deep Tissue of the Neck & Assessment and Treatment of Neck Ligaments: Both Days (Seattle May 18-19, 2019) - 16 hours Use this option to register for both classes and save $45 or, click on the class options of your choice below:
- Muscle-Specific Deep Tissue Techniques for the Chest; Sidelying Shoulders & Back (Seattle June 8, 2019) - 8 hours
- Bindegewebsmassage: Connective Tissue Massage (Seattle June 22, 2019) - 8 hours
- Evaluation and Treatment of Shoulder Injuries (Seattle September 14, 2019) - 8 hours
- Muscle-Specific Deep Tissue Techniques for the Iliopsoas, Diaphragm & QL (Seattle October 30, 2019) - 4.5 hours