Finding the Cause of Low Back Pain with Joe Rodin
Instructor: Joe Rodin, LMT, Certified Trager Practitioner; NCBTMB #681
When low back pain persists even with treatment, we need to expand our assessment and treatment strategies. For assessment, this includes broadening our focus to various structural and neurologic patterns arising from joints, viscera and myofascia, both local and remote. Manual practitioners fluid in differential assessment often have better outcomes with complex clients and work more efficiently.
For treatment, we expand our options to include joint and muscle myofasical release, and work through the various levels and various degree's of specificity.
Some of these low back pain pathways we'll identify and treat include:
- Patterns originating and descending from ribs, thorax and neck
- Patterns arising from the pelvic ring: Ilia, sacrum, pubis
- Lumbar spine contributions
- Referred pain from anterior structures, including viscera
- Contributions from respiratory and nervous system imbalances
In this course therapists will learn assessment and treatment strategies to treat these five major patterns causing persistent low back pain, differentiating between neurological, myofascially mediated and mechanoreceptor contributions. You'll learn the symptoms that most correlate with various sources of pain and you'll learn to track ascending and descending chains separately and in confluence. History, dynamic palpation, and a multitude of treatment techniques are used to construct and execute specifically targeted and effective treatment plans for low back pain.
What to Bring: Set of sheets, face cradle cover, pillow/bolster; wear loose clothing.
Registration Options: We are offering Joe Rodin's classes at a discounted group rate if you register for both classes at once, versus taking each individual class. If you would like to register for both classes, continue on, otherwise, please click on the following links to register for the class of your interest. Please note that by taking both classes, you save $25.
Class Date: July 13, 2019
Class Time: Saturday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Location: Seattle -- Please click on the this link to go to the class description on the Therapeutic Training Center's website for the location detail.
Cost: $170 if registered by 7/5/19; $190 if registered after 7/5/19
Cost/Hour: $21.25/hr if registered by 7/5/19; $23.75/hr if registered after 7/5/19
CE Hours: 8
Other Classes Offered by Instructor:
- Resetting the Body After Trauma & Introduction to Trager -- Both Classes (Post Falls April 6-7, 2019) - 16 hours Use this option to register for both classes (and save $45), or click on the individual class options below:
- Can You Fix My TMJ? (Seattle April 13, 2019) -- 8 hours
- Introduction to Trager: The Art of Dissolving Tension Patterns (Seattle May 11, 2019) -- 8 hours
- Resetting the Body After Injury: The Missing Element for Treatment Resolution (Seattle June 9, 2019) -- 8 hours
- HEADACHES: Concussions, Dents and Dings (Seattle August 4, 2019) - 8 hours
- Introduction to Trager: The Art of Oscillatory Compression (Seattle October 20, 2019) -- 8 hours
- Treating the Source of Headache Pain (Seattle November 17, 2019) - 8 hours
- Resetting the Body After Trauma (Seattle December 8, 2019) -- 8 hours
- Mindful Massage: Working with Human Vulnerabilities in our Clients and Ourselves (Ethics) (Seattle December 11, 2019) - 4 hours (satisfies NCBTMB & WA's ethics requirements)
For more information, or to register, please contact:
Therapeutic Training Center