Instructor: Brian Utting, LMT; NCBTMB #451040-09
When we are at our best in a massage, we are skillfully engaged in a conversation with our client's nervous system, including the autonomic and somatic components. In this class we will focus on the somatic (musculoskeletal) nervous system, including proprioception, cortical-limbic (ie, conscious, unconscious, and emotional) influences, reflexes, guarding responses, coordination, and the gamma efferent system. This will be more than just a physiology lecture -- it's a course designed specifically for massage therapists. The focus will be on implications for bodywork, and how to skillfully and effectively apply this knowledge in your bodywork practice. You will gain a deeper understanding of the somatic nervous system, and how it applies to massage and to life. The course will go beyond what is typically taught in massage schools or in anatomy and physiology courses.
"The information was presented clearly and logically, and is all useful for me in my practice. I already notice more awareness in my work. It has increased my understanding of why I do what I do when I'm working." - Jennifer Gagnon
What to Bring: Please see the class description on the Therapeutic Training Center's Website for details
Class Date: February 27, 2021
Class Time: Saturday 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Location: Seattle -- Please click on the this link to go to the class description on the Therapeutic Training Center's website for the location detail.
Cost: $140 if registered by 2/19/21; $160 if registered after 2/19/21
Cost/Hour: $17.50/hr if registered by 2/19/21; $20/hr if registered after 2/19/21
CE Hours: 8
Reviewers Discount: If you have taken this class previously through the Therapeutic Training Center, you may review it at a 25% discount on tuition. The reviewer's price for this class is $105. If you are eligible for the reviewer's discount, please call 206.853.6875 to register or register by mail as the website only offers classes at the regular price.
Other Classes by Instructor:
- Assessment and Treatment of Shoulder Injuries and Neck Ligaments: Both Days (Seattle January 16-17, 2021) - 16 hours Use this link to register for both classes (and save $45), or click on the individual class options below:
- Taxes and Tax Strategies for LMTs (Seattle January 30, 2021) - 8 hours
- Assessment and Treatment of the Lumbosacral Ligaments & Deep Tissue for the Back: Both Days (Seattle February 13-14, 2021) - 12 hours Use this link to register for both classes (and save $25), or click on the individual class options below:
- Muscle-Specific Deep Tissue Techniques for the Hands & Arms (Seattle March 14, 2021) - 4 hours
- Taxes and Tax Strategies for LMTs (Seattle March 27, 2021) - 8 hours
- Muscle-Specific Deep Tissue Techniques for the Iliopsoas, Diaphragm & QL (Seattle April 7, 2021) - 4.5 hours
- Muscle-Specific Deep Tissue Techniques for the Legs & Hips (Seattle May 22, 2021) - 8 hours