Manual treatment of nerves is profoundly under-taught in physical medicine. A compelling body of evidence suggests that irritated nerves drive protective behavior in both muscular and immune systems -- it would be useful for us all to be able to locate such nerves reliably, and administer basic care.
We frequently encounter conditions in our clients and patients that are driven or perpetuated by peripheral nerve pathology:
• Neural Tension & Entrapment
• Chronic Spinal Pain
• Fibrocontractile Disorders
• Surgical Adhesions & Hardware
• Cervicogenic Headache
In this class, we will learn to “think like a nerve”, and enliven our existing techniques within a neurofascial paradigm.
INFO AND SKILLS COVERED
• Learn the anatomy, mechanics, and physiologic behavior of nerve tissue.
• Perform basic assessment of neural tension, and apply to multiple areas.
• Locate several major nerves (both deep and superficial) in relation to fascial planes.
• Treat entrapped and inflamed nerves using both direct and indirect fascial techniques.
WHAT TO BRING
• Writing materials
• Set of sheets and emollient
• Wear movement-friendly clothing
CONTINUING EDUCATION CERTIFICATION
• This 8-hour Continuing Education class is open to all healthcare practitioners licensed in Manual/Massage Therapy.
• Other practitioners are welcome to join for the first 2 hours of class. (i.e. Movement Teachers, Allied Healthcare Practitioners, and body nerds).
Please visit www.mikehamm.eventbrite.com
If we need extra tables, you may be eligible for a 10% discount. If you have a massage table and are willing to bring it, please contact MikeHammSeminars@gmail.com.