Instructor: Joe Rodin, LMT, Certified Trager Practitioner; NCBTMB #681
A trap of the healing arts professions is feeling that we do or must have all of the answers to help with the full spectrum of our clients needs. Our clients, often convey many personal and somatic issues to us in the treatment room that are beyond our scope of practice to work with. It is often hard to know when our clients just need someone to listen to them, when we can/should help them with a problem, or should refer to them on to another professional. In this class, we will take inventory of our individual availability to be present for our clients emotional and physical needs and will refine our sense of boundaries, personal as well as professional.
The Instructor, Joe Rodin, has an MA in Psychology and has about 16 years in practice as a counselor and in psychotherapy as well as being a bodyworker for 18 years and a massage instructor for about 10 years. His rich background makes this class considerably more interesting than the typical ethics class. Note: this class does not discuss WA state law.
This class satisfies NCBTMB & WA's ethics requirement.
What to Bring: Something to write with
Registration Options: We are offering Joe Rodin's classes at a discounted group rate if you register for both classes at once, versus taking each individual class. If you would like to register for both classes, continue on, otherwise, please click on the following links to register for the class of your interest. Please note that by taking both classes, you save $25.
Class Date: July 14, 2019
Class Time: Sunday 10:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Location: Seattle -- Please click on the this link to go to the class description on the Therapeutic Training Center's website for the location detail.
Cost: $80 if registered by 7/5/19; $90 if registered after 7/5/19
Cost/Hour: $20/hr if registered by 7/5/19; $22.50/hr if registered after 7/5/19
CE Hours: 4
Other Classes by Instructor:
- Resetting the Body After Trauma & Introduction to Trager -- Both Classes (Post Falls April 6-7, 2019) - 16 hours Use this option to register for both classes (and save $45), or click on the individual class options below:
- Can You Fix My TMJ? (Seattle April 13, 2019) -- 8 hours
- Introduction to Trager: The Art of Dissolving Tension Patterns (Seattle May 11, 2019) -- 8 hours
- Resetting the Body After Injury: The Missing Element for Treatment Resolution (Seattle June 9, 2019) -- 8 hours
- HEADACHES: Concussions, Dents and Dings (Seattle August 4, 2019) - 8 hours
- Introduction to Trager: The Art of Oscillatory Compression (Seattle October 20, 2019) -- 8 hours
- Treating the Source of Headache Pain (Seattle November 17, 2019) - 8 hours
- Resetting the Body After Trauma (Seattle December 8, 2019) -- 8 hours
- Mindful Massage: Working with Human Vulnerabilities in our Clients and Ourselves (Ethics) (Seattle December 11, 2019) - 4 hours (satisfies NCBTMB & WA's ethics requirements)