Taxes and Tax Strategies for LMTs with Brian Utting
Instructor: Brian Utting, LMT; NCBTMB #451040-09
The recent changes to federal taxes in 2019 and the disruptive economic consequences resulting from the pandemic will affect all of us when we file our 2020 tax returns. As a self-employed massage therapist, about 15-25% of your net income will go to taxes, including federal income tax, social security, medicare, and state and local taxes. This is a small business person's largest single expense, and it behooves us to know how to skillfully manage this expense. In class we will focus on how to "think Schedule C" and legally maximize our allowable business deductions. We will also cover form 1040, tax planning, tax estimating, avoiding audits, the pros and cons of various tax software programs, and the legalities of hiring contractors or employees.
Besides being packed with useful information, this class is fun, entertaining, and full of tips on how to legally save money on your taxes--you will easily recover your tuition in tax savings. You will also receive more individual attention than in a typical tax seminar due to the smaller size of the class. A professional tax preparer will join us at the end of class to answer any questions, including the implications of the new tax law for small businesses.
|What participants have said about this class:
- "The whole class was really jam-packed with significant legal information, interesting general knowledge, and great insights and ideas for legal tax deductions." -- Maureen D.
- "My brain wants to shut down when presented with this type of stuff, but this was extremely helpful and educational." - Jet M.
- "I dreaded coming today because of the 'dry' content, but it was fun and informative. All my questions were answered and I learned a bunch of new things that I had no clue about." - Verena G.
- "After taking your tax class last year and following your recommendations, I received a sizable tax return. Tracking mileage, saving and tracking all my receipts (and knowing which receipts to save), and paying my quarterlies were among the key lessons. After seeing all my LMT friends end up with huge tax bills, I was shooting for the safest route possible, and it absolutely paid off! Thank you for offering such a comprehensive class." - Angela Mae W.
What to Bring: Please see the class description on the Therapeutic Training Center's Website for details
Class Date: January 30, 2021 (This class was moved from 1/23/21 to 1/30/21)
Class Time: Saturday 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Location: Seattle -- Please click on the this link to go to the class description on the Therapeutic Training Center's website for the location detail.
Cost: $150 if registered by 1/22/21; $170 if registered after 1/22/21
Cost/Hour: $18.75/hr if registered by 1/22/21; $21.25/hr if registered after 1/22/21
CE Hours: 8
Reviewers Discount: If you have taken this class previously through the Therapeutic Training Center, you may review it at a 25% discount on tuition. The reviewer's price for this class is $112.50. If you are eligible for the reviewer's discount, please call 206.853.6875 to register or register by mail as the website only offers classes at the regular price.
Other Classes by Instructor:
- Assessment and Treatment of Shoulder Injuries and Neck Ligaments: Both Days (Seattle January 16-17, 2021) - 16 hours Use this link to register for both classes (and save $45), or click on the individual class options below:
- Assessment and Treatment of the Lumbosacral Ligaments & Deep Tissue for the Back: Both Days (Seattle February 13-14, 2021) - 12 hours Use this link to register for both classes (and save $25), or click on the individual class options below:
- Understanding the Somatic Nervous System and Proprioception (Seattle February 27, 2021) - 8 hours
- Muscle-Specific Deep Tissue Techniques for the Hands & Arms (Seattle March 14, 2021) - 4 hours
- Taxes and Tax Strategies for LMTs (Seattle March 27, 2021) - 8 hours
- Muscle-Specific Deep Tissue Techniques for the Iliopsoas, Diaphragm & QL (Seattle April 7, 2021) - 4.5 hours
- Muscle-Specific Deep Tissue Techniques for the Legs & Hips (Seattle May 22, 2021) - 8 hours
For more information, and to register, please contact:
Therapeutic Training Center