Taxes and Tax Strategies for LMTs with Brian Utting
Instructor: Brian Utting, LMT; NCBTMB #451040-09
The recent changes in tax legislation will affect all of us when we file our 2018 tax returns. As a self-employed massage therapist, about 16-30% of your net income will go to taxes, including federal income tax, social security, medicare, and state and local taxes. This can be a small business person's largest single expense, and it behooves us to know how to skillfully manage this expense. In class we will focus on how to "think Schedule C" and legally maximize our allowable business deductions. We will also cover form 1040, tax planning, tax estimating, avoiding audits, the pros and cons of various tax software programs, and the legalities of hiring contractors or employees.
Besides being packed with useful information, this class is fun, entertaining, and full of tips on how to save money on your taxes--you could easily recover your tuition in tax savings. You will also receive more individual attention than in a typical tax seminar due to the smaller size of the class. A professional tax preparer will join us at the end of class to answer any questions.
|What participants have said about this class:
- "This was a fantastic class with tons of valuable information." -- Dawn G.
- "The whole class was really jam-packed with significant legal information, interesting general knowledge, and great insights and ideas for legal tax deductions." -- Maureen D.
- "My brain wants to shut down when presented with this type of stuff, but this was extremely helpful and educational." - Jet M.
- "I dreaded coming today because of the 'dry' content, but it was fun and informative. All my questions were answered and I learned a bunch of new things that I had no clue about." - Verena G.
What to Bring: Pen, paper, pocket calculator.
Class Date: March 16, 2019
Class Time: Saturday 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Location: Seattle -- Please click on the this link to go to the class description on the Therapeutic Training Center's website for the location detail.
Cost: $140 if registered by 3/8/19; $160 if registered after 3/8/19
Cost/Hour: $17.50/hr if registered by 3/8/19; $20/hr if registered after 3/8/19
CE Hours: 8
Reviewers Discount: If you have taken this class previously through the Therapeutic Training Center, you may review it at a 25% discount on tuition. The reviewer's price for this class is $105. If you are eligible for the reviewer's discount, please call 206.853.6875 to register or register by mail as the website only offers classes at the regular price.
Other Classes by Instructor:
- Assessment and Treatment of the Lumbosacral Ligaments & Deep Tissue for the Back: Both Days (Seattle January 12-13, 2019) - 12.5 hours Use this option to register for both classes and save $25 or, click on the class options of your choice below:
- Taxes and Tax Strategies for LMTs (Seattle February 10, 2019) - 8 hours
- Understanding the Somatic Nervous System and Proprioception & Evaluation & Treatment of Shoulder Injuries: Both Days (Seattle February 23-24, 2019) - 16 hours Use this option to register for both classes and save $30 or, click on the class options of your choice below:
- Muscle-Specific Deep Tissue Techniques for the Iliopsoas, Diaphragm & QL (Seattle March 6, 2019) - 4.5 hours
- Muscle-Specific Deep Tissue Techniques for the Legs/Hips & Intro to Visceral/Abdominal Massage: Both Classes (Post Falls March 23-24, 2019) - 16 hours Use this option to register for both classes and save $45 or, click on the class options of your choice below:
- Self-Care and Deep Tissue Techniques for the Hands, Wrists & Forearms (Seattle March 30, 2019) - 8 hours co-taught with Rebecca Norton, OT/LMT/CHT
- Deep Tissue of the Neck & Assessment and Treatment of Neck Ligaments: Both Days (Seattle May 18-19, 2019) - 16 hours Use this option to register for both classes and save $45 or, click on the class options of your choice below:
- Introduction to Visceral and Abdominal Massage (Seattle June 8, 2019) - 8 hours
- Muscle-Specific Deep Tissue Techniques for the Legs & Hips (Seattle June 22, 2019) - 8 hours
For more information, and to register, please contact:
Therapeutic Training Center