Resetting the Body After Injury: The Missing Element for Treatment Resolution with Joe Rodin
Instructor: Joe Rodin, LMT, Certified Trager Practitioner; NCBTMB #681
Injury creates two effects:
- the primary effect is the initial acute pathologic changes to muscle, fascia, nerve, or other structures of the body due to an injury
- the secondary effect is the body’s protective, defensive bracing around the injury. Too often this becomes part of the client’s chronic postural and pain patterns—long after acute problems are successfully resolved.
You will learn to:
- Identify bracing patterns in the body apart from injury or trauma.
- Assess dysfunctional myofasical chains and their sequences of firing.
- Learn methods to dissolve these patterns, reset the body, and re-introduce the natural vocabulary of healthy movement
You will greatly increase your effectiveness at resolving chronic pain whatever your preferred style of massage.
What to Bring: Set of sheets, pillow/bolster; wear loose clothing.
Class Date: June 9, 2019
Class Time: Sunday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Location: Seattle -- Please click on the this link to go to the class description on the Therapeutic Training Center's website for the location detail.
Cost: $170 if registered by 5/31/19; $190 if registered after 5/31/19
Cost/Hour: $21.25/hr if registered by 5/31/19; $23.75/hr if registered after 5/31/19
CE Hours: 8
Other Classes Offered by Instructor:
- Resetting the Body After Trauma & Introduction to Trager -- Both Classes (Post Falls April 6-7, 2019) - 16 hours Use this option to register for both classes (and save $45), or click on the individual class options below:
- Can You Fix My TMJ? (Seattle April 13, 2019) -- 8 hours
- Introduction to Trager: The Art of Dissolving Tension Patterns (Seattle May 11, 2019) -- 8 hours
- Finding the Cause of Low Back Pain & Ethics: Both Classes (Seattle July 13-14, 2019) - 12 hours Use this option to register for both classes (and save $25), or click on the individual class options below:
- HEADACHES: Concussions, Dents and Dings (Seattle August 4, 2019) - 8 hours
- Introduction to Trager: The Art of Oscillatory Compression (Seattle October 20, 2019) -- 8 hours
- Treating the Source of Headache Pain (Seattle November 17, 2019) - 8 hours
- Resetting the Body After Trauma (Seattle December 8, 2019) -- 8 hours
- Mindful Massage: Working with Human Vulnerabilities in our Clients and Ourselves (Ethics) (Seattle December 11, 2019) - 4 hours (satisfies NCBTMB & WA's ethics requirements)
For more information, or to register, please contact:
Therapeutic Training Center