This 6-hour Continuing Education class is open to all licensed practitioners of Manual/Massage Therapy.
Manual Therapists who can contact the diaphragm with sensitivity and clear intent have a chance to improve breath restriction, vocalization, spinal posture, and core movement patterns in many clients.
But our image of the diaphragm is so anatomized that we often fly blind in the upper abdomen, imagining a disembodied dome, with no pericardium, no liver, no closed cavities, no prevertebral fascia.
Even worse: we think of a 'tight' Diaphragm as the problem to be treated -- instead of the body's coordinated response to a problem.
In this class, you will learn to feel and treat the diaphragm and its organ attachments above and below, the nerves of the vocal column, and the key fasciae that form our innermost core.
INFO AND SKILLS COVERED
- Building the Palpation Map: A hands-on view of the Diaphragm’s attachments, fluid volumes, and innervation.
- Breath and Vocal Assessment: Visual, Palpatory, Auditory
- Fascial Treatment Methods: Direct, Indirect, and Active Release
- Breath Rehabilitation: Freedom, Awareness, Connection, Play
WHAT TO BRING
- Writing materials
- Set of sheets & emollient
- Wear loose clothing
Please visit www.mikehamm.eventbrite.com
If we need extra tables, you may be eligible for a 10% discount. If you have a massage table and are willing to bring it, please contact MikeHammSeminars@gmail.com.