This 8-hour Continuing Education class is open to all licensed practitioners of Manual/Massage Therapy. Other practitioners are welcome to join for the first 2 hours of class. (i.e. Movement Teachers, Allied Healthcare Practitioners, and body nerds). See "Lecture Only" ticket option.
Sometimes a person’s shoulder will experience a worsening cycle of pain, guarding and inflammatory fibrosis. Recovery takes months to years. This means significant loss of capability and comfort, for people otherwise in the prime of their lives.
Worst of all, these folks often receive terrible treatment, based on junky mechanistic models and procedural blindness.
We can do better. But we need to understand the ecosystem of the glenohumeral joint, and we need to be dynamic in our work. That’s what this class is about: Giving you a hands-on, mindful approach that dramatically improves your ability to help — and not to hurt — people with ‘adhesive capsulitis’ and related conditions.
‘Neurofascial Approach’ is a centering of your clinical attention on the interface between the nervous system and its container. That means we work with:
- The innervated tissues and compartments,
- The neurovascular bundle, and
- The representations of these in the brain.
Specific Topics Covered:
- Principles of neurofascial physiology.
- Signs, Symptoms & History Taking in patients with Frozen Shoulder
- Glenohumeral joint (GH) anatomy & mechanics.
- Innervation & Inflammatory behavior of the GH joint.
- Assessment & Treatment Techniques for pain reduction, capsular mobility, and neuromuscular balance in patients with Frozen shoulder.
What to Bring:
- Writing materials
- Set of sheets and emollient
- Wear loose clothing
Please visit www.mikehamm.eventbrite.com
If we need extra tables, you may be eligible for a 10% discount. If you have a massage table and are willing to bring it, please contact MikeHammSeminars@gmail.com