Instructor: Richard Polishuk, LMT, assisted by Lauren Christman, LMT; NCBTMB #450788-08
About this Class: In this class, we focus on balancing and decompressing the spinal joints, using gentle techniques and simple evaluation protocols. We find these tools to be extremely effective for improving the everyday "crookedness" that afflict so many spines. You'll never feel helpless when looking at the spine the same way again! The class includes:
About the Myofascial Balancing Classes:
- Weight-bearing palpation of the spinal pattern, combined with specific vertebral assessments
- Simple decompression techniques to balance the alignment of spinal segments
- Treatment of key soft-tissue structures such as the Erector Spinae, quadratus lumborum, dural membrane, and key cervical muscles to reduce pull on the spine and to provide more stable support for it
Myofascial Balancing is a method of tissue manipulation designed to optimize balance in the position and mobility of the body. There are 3 related but distinct categories of technique: balancing soft tissue, balancing joints, and balancing the movement of bones through the deepest layers of soft tissue. Using these three tools, we work anywhere restrictions and imbalances are found—in any deep or superficial layer. The techniques we use are gentle and unlubricated, so that the work can be done through clothing when desired.
The ongoing interplay between assessment and treatment is the heart of this method. We use standing palpation to analyze segmental alignment and relate it to fascial imbalances. Then, local palpation at the table helps us precisely orient treatment to the shape and direction of restrictions. Frequent reevaluation during treatment helps us know that we are on track, and leads to a seamless treatment experience for the client.
The material has been developed by teachers experienced in the world of structural bodywork, including Structural Integration and Aston-Patterning. We have experience teaching to both newly-licensed therapists and experienced massage and structural bodyworkers.
What to Bring: Please see the class description on the Therapeutic Training Center's Website for details
Registration Options: We are offering these 2 classes at a discounted group rate if you register for both classes at once, versus taking each individual class. If you would like to register for just one or both days, please click on the following links to register, otherwise continue on to register both classes. Please note that by taking the both classes, you save $30.
Class Dates: November 14, 2020
Class Times: Saturday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Location: Seattle -- Please click on the this link to go to the class description on the Therapeutic Training Center's website for the location detail.
Cost: $170 if registered by 11/6/20; $190 if registered after 11/6/20
Cost/Hour: $21.25/hr if registered by 11/6/20; $23.75/hr if registered after 11/6/20
Myofascial Balancing Classes by Instructors:
Webinars by Instructors:
Intraoral Classes by Instructors:
Craniosacral - A Healing Art with Lauren Christman:
- Craniosacral Core Series and Certification (click HERE for details) -- Begin November 4, 2020
- Visceral Mobilization: Freeing Fascial Layers among the Organs (Seattle October 2-4, 2020) - 21 hours
- Cranial Nerve Mobilization--Freeing the Tethers (Seattle January 15-17, 2021) - 21 hours
- Craniosacral Introductory Workshop (Seattle February 5-7, 2021) - 21 hours
- Tending the Therapeutic Relationship: Healing Dynamics, Boundaries and Selfcare (Seattle April 9-11, 2021) - 21 hours
- Craniosacral Introductory Workshop (Seattle April 30-May 2, 2021) - 21 hours
- Unwinding the Birth Pattern: For Infants and Adults (Seattle July 9-11, 2021) - 21 hours
- Craniosacral Introductory Workshop (Seattle September 24-26, 2021) - 21 hours
- Visceral Listening: Enhancing the Motility of the Organs (Seattle October 8-10, 2021) - 21 hours