Instructor: Karen Clay LMT; NCBTMB #451271-10.
Somatic Movement Techniques address how tension patterns become habitual. They work directly with the nervous system to redirect our ability to undo the habitual pattern and function with more ease and support. Understanding the power of Somatics within your own body will make it easy to educate your clients in how to self-correct parasitic strain that can pull the pelvic girdle out of alignment.
- Characterize the difference between working with "the form" (restricted tissues) and "the function/HOW." It is the faulty wiring in the nervous system leads to maintaining habitual, parasitic tension.
- Demonstrate understanding of the basic principles of Somatic Education.
- Know through experience in your own body one's innate ability to self-correct tension patterns in and around the pelvic girdle.
- Teach a Somatic technique in a client setting.
- Integrate the teaching of Somatic self-care techniques into your hands-on practice
Coupling Somatics with hands-on work exponentially increases the effectiveness of our bodywork, because the client is given tools to recognize and maintain change and to create new and better habits.
What to Wear: Please wear loose fitting clothing, suitable for movement, in layers for warmth or coolness.
- A mat (yoga or camping), blanket or carpet to lie down on.
- Firm blanket to make into a roll (very important for movement work).
Computer/Camera Setup: This is a class that involves movement while on a mat on the floor -- make sure you have enough space for your arms to be outspread while laying down. Please have your computer placed in an area that you can see the screen while you are on your mat in a seated or supine position and such that the teacher can see you on the screen. Please have a yoga mat, camping mat or blanket available for lying down on if you do not have a carpeted floor. If you have a bright light source, especially a window, near your computer, please make sure that the light is behind your computer, and not behind you. Using a phone in place of a camera will not work for this class, you must have a computer of some sort with camera and microphone.
Class Dates: February 6, 2021
Class Times: Saturday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Location: Live Webinar -- Please click on the this link to go to the class description on the Therapeutic Training Center's website for the Live Webinar details.
Cost: $60 if registered by 1/29/21; $70 if registered after 1/29/21
Cost/Hour: $11.25/hr if registered by 1/29/21; $17.50/hr if registered after 1/29/21
CE Hours: 4
Other Classes by Instructor: