Instructor: Joe Rodin, LMT, Certified Trager Practitioner; NCBTMB #681
What is Trager?
Trager is a unique, neuromuscular approach to bodywork and movement re-patterning. The tablework consists of deep, fluid rocking movements (oscillations) of muscles and joints combined with compression and gentle traction. This feeds into the nervous system resulting in dramatic muscular relaxation, along with feelings of lightness, freedom and flexibility. The client is also shown simple exercises called mentastics which helps integrate the profound changes in the body.
About This Class:
Most massage approaches succeed well at releasing muscular tension. But very few massage approaches succeed at dissolving the patterning that produces the tension, which means after a period of relaxation, it lives to see another day.
The Trager® approach is different. Not only does it release the tension, but through its specific, rhythmic, gentle movements and oscillations of the muscles, it, ‘resets,’ the nervous system, unhooking it from the dysfunctional movement patterning, and facilitating natural movement once again.
From this state, the body and mind have, ‘learned,’ or, ‘become reacquainted with’ a natural movement vocabulary from which they can build to achieve freedom from pain and tension. Trager® movements called Mentastics, are taught to the patient after the session to consilidate and improve upon the changes.
Trager® stands alone as an approach, but also beautifully compliments and deepens other styles of massage as well. Come and learn the language of the neuromuscular system, and turn temporary release of tension into ongoing dissolution of muscular tension patterns.
This Introductory Workshop serves as a prerequisite for the Trager® Level 1 Training leading towards certification as a Trager Practitioner.
What to Bring: Set of sheets, pillow/bolster; wear loose clothing.
Class Date: May 11, 2019
Class Time: Saturday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Location: Seattle -- Please click on the this link to go to the class description on the Therapeutic Training Center's website for the location detail.
Cost: $170 if registered by 5/3/19; $190 if registered after 5/3/19
Cost/Hour: $21.25/hr if registered by 5/3/19; $23.75/hr if registered after 5/3/19
CE Hours: 8
Other Classes by Instructor:
- Resetting the Body After Trauma (Seattle March 10, 2019) -- 8 hours
- Resetting the Body After Trauma & Introduction to Trager -- Both Classes (Post Falls April 6-7, 2019) - 16 hours Use this option to register for both classes (and save $45), or click on the individual class options below:
- Can You Fix My TMJ? (Seattle April 13, 2019) -- 8 hours
- Resetting the Body After Injury: The Missing Element for Treatment Resolution (Seattle June 9, 2019) -- 8 hours
- Finding the Cause of Low Back Pain & Ethics: Both Classes (Seattle July 13-14, 2019) - 12 hours Use this option to register for both classes (and save $25), or click on the individual class options below:
- HEADACHES: Concussions, Dents and Dings (Seattle August 4, 2019) - 8 hours
- Introduction to Trager: The Art of Oscillatory Compression (Seattle October 20, 2019) -- 8 hours
- Treating the Source of Headache Pain (Seattle November 17, 2019) - 8 hours
- Mindful Massage: Working with Human Vulnerabilities in our Clients and Ourselves (Ethics) (Seattle December 11, 2019) - 4 hours (satisfies NCBTMB & WA's ethics requirements)