Instructor: Dawn Schmidt, LMT; NCBTMB #451818-11
Ever wonder what your rights and responsibilities are if you are sexually harassed by a client? How the state defines a kickback? What you can legally sell? For how long are you required to keep medical records? What's the difference between an employee and an independent contractor? How long you have to wait if you want to date a client? What does HIPAA mean to you? What do you do if you know someone is practicing massage without a license? Can you charge a higher rate for insurance clients? These questions and many more will be answered in a four-hour ethics class specific to residents of Washington.
Through the use of discussion topics, scenarios, self-examination and small-group interaction, we will tackle larger issues as well, such as personal boundaries, client communication and ethical business practices.
Your biggest question may be: even though the state requires four hours of ethics in order to renew my massage license, how on earth can I sit still for that long??? Don't worry! We can't sit still for that long either! Every hour will be 50 minutes of class, then during the 10-minute break, we'll do gentle standing stretches for the whole body; or, you can check your email on your I-Phone, chat with a friend or enjoy a cup of tea -- your choice. Really! It will get very fun.
Class handout provides RCW and WAC codes and laws relevant to WA LMTs.
Satisfies NCBTMB & WA's ethics requirement.
|What Participants have said about this class:
- "You made a potentially really boring class enjoyable. Your experience, knowledge and humor was excellent. I'd recommend it to my colleagues who need ethics." -- Kristine G.
- "I enjoyed the discussion group format of class, mixing with the other participants, having examples to discuss that actually occurred. It kept me engaged and interested." -- Anonymous
- "I very much appreciate the handouts and collecting much of this [documented RCW and WAC codes and laws] for us." -- Anonymous
- "I liked that you didn't make us do public scenarios in front of everyone, I was worried about that." -- Amy S.
- "Both Dawn and Kay are consummate professionals and very good teachers." -- Pat A.
What to Bring: Yourself, your questions, your experiences, your pen!
Class Date: June 8, 2019
Class Times: Saturday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Location: Seattle -- Please click on the this link to go to the class description on the Therapeutic Training Center's website for the location detail.
Cost: $80 if registered by 5/31/19; $90 if registered after 5/31/19
Cost/Hour: $20.00/hr if registered by 5/31/19; $22.50/hr if registered by 5/31/19
CE Hours: 4
Other Classes Offerings by Instructor: