Instructor: Lauren Christman, LMT, assisted by Richard Polishuk, LMT; NCBTMB #450788-08
This class prepares you not only to receive the state's intraoral endorsement, but also to offer your clients excellent work in intraoral and anterior neck work. In this class, we will:
- review anatomy and kinesiology of the face, anterior neck, cranial base and TMJ
- increase evaluation and hands-on skills for addressing TMJ disorder, headaches, whiplash, and other musculo-skeletal problems
- learn fundamental assessment and myofascial techniques to balance the jaw and anterior neck (including the hyoid sling and upper cervicals) to improve bite and chewing and to decrease stress on the TMJ
- understand the consideration needed for the psychological and emotional loading of the face and mouth in order to responsibly treat emotionally-related jaw problems
- learn specialized intake, charting, hygiene and client management skills that are necessary when working in such a vulnerable area
Each therapist receives a detailed workbook as a reference for practice, as well as master copies of specialized chart notes and client education sheet for self-care massage.
At the end of class, each therapist will receive their intraoral endorsement application form from the instructor to be submitted to the WA State Dept of Health to obtain their intraoral endorsement. Instructions are on the form and are easy to follow.
What to Bring: Set of sheets; pillow or bolster; wear loose clothing; anatomy atlas (Clemente, Netter, Theime, for example). The anatomy atlas is not required, but if you have one, please bring it.
Class Dates: February 16-17, 2019
Myofascial Balancing Classes by Instructors:
Class Times: Saturday and Sunday, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Location: Seattle -- Please click on the this link to go to the class description on the Therapeutic Training Center's website for the location detail.
Cost: $295 if registered by 2/8/19; $325 if registered after 2/9/19
Cost/Hour: $18.44/hr if registered by 2/8/19; $20.31/hr if registered after 2/9/19
CE Hours: 16
Craniosacral - A Healing Art with Lauren Christman: