Instructor: Karen Clay LMT; NCBTMB #451271-10.
Take the time to pay attention to yourself instead of the client in this day long workshop that teaches you how to feel the difference that good body mechanics can make to your practice. Not only will you save your system wear and tear and create longevity in your career but you will also find that your work can become more effective and satisfying when it utilizes the elements of support that are available to us. Learn to become supported.
You will learn to:
- Identify the basic principles of physics that govern our ability to safely deliver force.
- Characterize the dynamics of balanced and well-stabilized shoulder joints.
- Know through experience the anatomical structures that contribute the the arms coming from the mid-line.
- Demonstrate how to reach forward from your pelvis.
- Apply the use of gravity/ground force in standing to your advantage.
- Evaluate and be evaluated at the table with supervision.
- Differentiate power from over-stabilization
What to Bring: Please see the class description on the Therapeutic Training Center's Website for details
Class Dates: March 6, 2021
Class Times: Saturday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Location: Seattle -- Please click on the this link to go to the class description on the Therapeutic Training Center's website for the location detail.
CE Hours: 8
Other Classes by Instructor: